Every time I speak to someone about their beauty regime and all their favourite things to do which they consider important, they always seem to miss out one important thing!
That’s a good, well formulated, non irritating exfoliator !
But what can it really do?
Well we know it makes our skin feel much smoother and silky soft, but that’s not really a true benefit for skin.
- reveal more youthful, radiant skin over time
- stimulate cell turnover, so your skin produces newer and healthier cells
- boosts collagen producing plumper skin
- increases absorption for the products to follow!
- reduces effects of sun damage, scarring, and blotchiness
Did you know how much more affective a chemical exfoliant is more so than a physical?
There are many options of chemical exfoliants to choose from these days!
Some of the best for normal to dry skin are: glycolic, lactic and citric acid
For oily and acne prone: salicylic acid and other bha’s are preferred as they can break down thru to oil in the pores and reduce irritation and severe redness.
I adore chemical exfoliants and if you don’t have one in your regime at present, I recommend finding a good one!
-combination of other beneficial ingredients like vitamins a + c + e
-emollients to moisturise
-other skin loving ingredients
-avoid essential oils!
Get exfoliating everyone